Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eddie and the Cruisersssss

During my long vacation home...not home, home, but at my apartment, I got to re-experience the magic that is Eddie and the Cruisers via Netflix. You remember it, right?



My favorite song, however, was always this angsty little freakshow, the reason why Eddie had to run into the night and take a header off a pier of whatever...



The real mindcrank was the inclusion of Eddie and the Cruisers II, which I can attest, with no hesitation or other sign of Pause, is the One of the Worst Movies Ever Made. Michael Pare (Eddie) transforms from Male Model to Rode Hard Heroin Hero in one movie's time, and, let's face it, there's really nothing else to the story, is there? The whole premise of the second movie is, in total, The Music Matters. It really matters, man! Ugh. Vomit. Chunks and chunks!

After watching the first movie, I was a bit weirded out by how well I knew all the songs...I had to think about it for awhile before I remembered Why. It is truly amazing how much falls through the cracks...but finally I did remember that my freshman year roommate was more than just a little obsessed with the movie and played the soundtrack almost nonstop. Can you imagine how bizarre it was to try to remember how the hell I knew every single word? And how it took way too much reflection to finally remember where all those lyrics came from? It's like someone slipped me roofies in the early 90s and it took until now to understand how I knew every single word to "Wild Summer Nights." It wasn't my obsession, but it left its weird taint all over me.

Eddie, whatever happened to you?


Oh. Life. Like what happened to the rest of us. *sigh* I wonder how Michael Biehn is holding up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adairdevil said...

Love is the fire, burning and I wanna buuuuuuurn.

And hey, give the guy a break. For 25, 30 years later in a harsh flash photograph, he's looking good.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Shiny said...

Hey I wouldn't say no to a date, my friend. I wouldn't say no to Mr. Biehn, either. http://liveforfilms.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/michael_biehn_pic.jpg

12:00 AM  
Blogger Van said...

Random drive by to say MP does look pretty good for his age.

I have to agree with Shiny about the other Michael. This link is from the set blog of the film he was working on in China last month. About halfway down the post you'll see evidence of what Mr. Biehn looks like these days. And shirtless. ;)

http://www.alivenotdead.com/beylogan/13-11-09-The-Blood-Bond-Saga-part-38--profile-828015.html

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home