Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kittens! Are Full of Vinegar

Specifically Snugglebug. She's completely unhinged. Here's her video:



A longer version can be seen here.

I've never seen a cat get so worked up. She was actually panting. Panting! I suppose the new scratching post was a great investment, but honestly she loses her damn mind. This is without the help of a catnip rubdown, which was recommended in order to get her "interested" in the new scratching post. Still, watching a little maniac work herself into a bug-eyed frenzy is something to behold. Of course, this was her for 5 hours afterward:







Jack was having none of it. I'd never seen evidence of his nails until today when a good brushing had him rolling around on the ground, purring and stretching in kitten ecstasy. For all the fear he harbours, he never bites and never uses his nails. If I just keep showing him there is nothing to fear I am sure he will come completely out of his shell. Also, I know the singing helps. Yasmin wanted to know what I sing to them. Sometimes it is made up songs ("Piggy one and piggy two, I surely do love yoooou" and so on), but most of the time it is whatever comes to mind. A sampling:











As a PS of sorts: I watched Mission to Mars for the first time today (as a sci fi whore, I guess I'll put any desperate ass thing on my Netflix list). Luckily it was one I could watch instantly because I would have been PISSED if I'd wasted a delivered DVD on this sorry piece of garbage. Have you ever watched a movie where the soundtrack (by which I mean the mood music) was so completely and utterly horrible that it was simply not to be believed? First, the music in the first half of the movie was completely unlike the music in the last part of the movie. Second, both halves sucked BALLS. It was kind of like the cheesy boopity boop boop music you might remember from the old shows...like maybe Starsky and Hutch...or Fantasy Island. On top of that, complete silliness prevailed throughout. I know I'm like 10 years behind the critics, but it was kind of unbelievable still. The actors were far too good to be in such a stinking poop heap (Tim Robbins, Gary Sinise, Don Cheadle) and it was incredible to think that this movie was released in this decade (2000). It is the WORST. Red Planet--not known as the paramount of sci fi cinema--was released in the same year, after all, and far surpasses the technical sophistication of Mission to Mars...not to mention the basic believability. UG. Even a sci fi whore has to have standards.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so very much my sister. My children were raised on goofy made-up rhyming songs. Why do you think they're nuts?

Snooggleoogleboogums is the cutest muffinbutt! She might possibly have more vinegar than Zumi?

Nopidle??? Seriously?

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sauxkhor. Am I the only one fascinated by the world of captcha words? Who makes them up? Are they having ever so much fun? I want that job.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shiny was also raised on goofy made-up rhyming songs. Why do you think she's nuts too? Of course I can't recall any at the moment. Oh well. Snooggleoogleboogums is truly the cutest muffinbutt and so playful. What joy. Entertainment!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home