Thursday, October 02, 2008

Best. Movie. Ever. In 1984. According to Me.

I saw "Untraceable" last week via Netflix -- it was fine and all, but whatever, who cares. I couldn't help but remember Diane Lane in “Streets of Fire”...seriously, how could you not love her hot ass? Have a look at the recently released “Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains.” You can’t deny.

Also, the angsty angst of mini-teenhood has been on my mind lately, specifically due to my niece and her woes, and it would be hard for me not to think of "Streets of Fire" and my near-mad obsession with it back in the day. It's been, what, forty years since it came out, but ask me to sing the soundtrack and don't doubt that I can sing it, beginning to end. *Twinkling eyes of reminiscence!*

4 Comments:

Blogger Toby said...

Hmm, I have not seen this movie, or actually heard about it, but this ass you mention intrigues me. For angsty teenage angst and the parental fear it inspires, though, nothing can beat "Over the Edge" (1979)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

Holy shit. Willem Defoe, Rick Moranis, Diane Lane, and Diane Lane's hot ass. Excellent! I'd seen a still of the rainy make out scene before, but didn't know it was for a movie that was this awesome.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Shiny said...

Yah, the rainy make out scene informed my 11-year-old fool self of what love was supposed to look like. Which explains a LOT. Fool!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your niece need to watch this and LEGEND together.

She'll watch a mere 10 or 12 times with you, she really will.

Hey, at least it won't be me!
;)

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home