Saturday, September 06, 2008

O My Jeebus

How have I never posted this before? How?

First, let me say, I've always loved this song. Why? Because I never saw the video until later when, horrified, I laid eyes upon it and, as it happens, Billy Squier ("The Rocker" of "Stroke Me" fame) was roont forevermore.

Where does the smile begin to fade? It starts out OK; he's doing this little strip tease thing, he's getting dressed. Maybe the smile begins to fade when the snapping commences. Perhaps it is the army crawl. Certainly the writhing doesn't help.

One can only watch. In Horror. Wondering what happened.

And don't think GAY and gay bashing. That's not it. What's troubling is his complete lack of self awareness. Is he not clear on the kicky dance not being...OK?

We have to come to terms with one fact: He's dancing much like WE did (ok, I did) to this very song, in 198-, on the green shag rug, in my bedroom, imagining I was performing for...ug). Let's all vom together. That's the kicker for me, because WHAT THE HELL was he THINKING stealing my moves?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I didn't show you this? What the hell was I thinking. Sage thinks it quite hilarious.
Really, this is plenty to have Squire put do death. Firing squad-style.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had moves Lovey. You have actually sorta danced? Wow. The things I don't know about you.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home