Monday, March 12, 2007

Alas: I am a Doofus

Adairdevil, being Ms. Smartymarty, has just enlightened me to the true definition of the word I used to announce the amazing procurement of my Grand Chicken of Dreams: Alas. Alas, my ass did not know the meaning of ALAS. According to the American Heritage, "alas" is:

Used to express sorrow, regret, grief, compassion, or apprehension of danger or evil.

Well, obviously that is NOT what I meant. Gosh. I love my chicken. I look at it all the time and I am very, very happy to have found it. What I meant was:

HOT DAMN! The Chicken of Destiny Has Arrived!

I can't believe I didn't know the definition of "Alas." Monkey poop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adairdevil said...

Now that the lexical difficulties are out of our way, I'd like to say that the picture of Destiny and the Chinatownchicken totally melts my heart. Destiny looks like the big brother! And Chinatown looks so happy!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home