Friday, December 15, 2006

My Baby


We had to put Toonces to sleep last night. We spent time with him, petting him and talking to him, before it happened. We stayed with him while it happened. I am so grateful that I got to be with him as he died so that I could tell him he was a good boy. He really was, and I loved him with all of my heart.

You would have to know me and my whole life story to understand why I loved Toonces so much. The fact that he grew attached to me and loved me meant more than what you will ever know. What matters is that I know. I am grateful that I knew him, cuddled him, was bitten by him, kicked in the face, and head butted for three wonderful years.

This is a picture of Toonces doing one of the many weird and wonderful things he did when I knew him. I would be standing and cooing at him (as girls do, I'm afraid) and he would look up at me with wide eyes and begin to knead the floor like a kitten. This would make him appear to be swooning for love of me and you can imagine how much I adored it. I would pick him up for kisses and he would kick me in the face. I am going to miss him terribly. My Toonces.

1 Comments:

Blogger ymathew said...

Erin, toonces would have loved that eulogy. What a wonderful little peanut.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home