Friday, December 08, 2006

It Must Be Acknowledged

Mary Ann McDevitt was not a close personal friend. For a time, she was a pal, a friend of friends, and I thought the world of her. Here is why:
  • She laughed from the gut. When she laughed, you did, too.
  • She opened her home and her life to anyone, even a stray like me.
  • She took care of people and she meant it.
  • She had the most enormous cats I have ever seen and will probably ever see outside of a zoo.
  • She had a great house, full of personal style, that was classy and comforting all at once.
  • She was whip smart but never talked down to anyone.
  • She was a lovely person that I could never forget.
Mary Ann passed away unexpectedly yesterday. I just wanted to say that she was wonderful so that anyone who might read this would know it.

2 Comments:

Blogger gms said...

You are so right...Mary Ann was an amazing person. All heart and smiles. I will miss her forever.

2:28 PM  
Blogger kitty said...

Thanks so much for these lovely words about my sister. It was comforting to read this blog entry.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home