Friday, August 31, 2007

The Other OC

So I've already bitched and moaned to those of you with the patience to listen about my horrible vacation to Maryland, so I won't get into more of that...but you asked if there were pictures and, lo and behold, aren't there always?

By the way, after 6 long years of resistance, I finally have Internet at home...yippity do! Also, tomorrow is my 6 month anniversary...the day I can stop marking the calendar for every day i did not cheat and light up. And every day is marked off -- I did not cheat, not once! Though I did have some emergency Nicorettes to see me through my Memorable Vacation to the Other OC. God. Okay...

This is how you survive a bad trip. Lots of water and mixed drinks.

After a few drinks, this guy looks like my eighth grade math teacher. Who also served us watered down shots of rum and coke. Shudder.

I spent a shameful amount of time on the balcony of our motel room. Nice view, though.

Look at all the people, having all the fun. This is what I got to do on my last day, which was nice. And boozy.

This was the Night of the Living Dead Crabs with their serious faces and shiny black eyes, staring. I had the crabcakes...and some drinks.

Some idea of the aftermath...and it was so much worse than this. Love the "House Recipe" ketchup. That means: "A mix of ketchups in varying stages of ferment, lovingly added from multiple bottles of questionable vintage." Mmm, tummyache!

This says it all, doesn't it? A litter of little dead exoskeletons glow grim and sorrowful in the waning light of hope. G'bye, OC!

4 Comments:

Blogger noodles mahoohoo said...

And you paid money for this experience?

Aw, Honey!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had to pay money? Seriously? My poor Lovey =(

9:20 AM  
Blogger Shiny said...

Er...okay. I paid nothing. Aw man, now my tale of woe doens't pack a punch. Nevertheless, it sucked arse.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubba hubba! It still sucks but at least you didn't have to pay any money for it.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home