Thursday, July 26, 2007

LOL ++


Um, first let me join you in your confusion.

The magic of the websites "icanhascheezburger" and "CoLOLnials" is not obvious to those unfamiliar with the language of Instant Messaging. Since I gave it up a couple of years ago (my manager status--yes, you may curtsy--guilted me out of it) I am less familiar than I was...and even then I only knew the basics (LOL, LMAO, BRB, etc.). So, when Adairdevil introduced me to icanhascheezburger (and, later, CoLOLnials) some instruction was required.

I've finally put in the quick links, so I strongly recommend you check them out. Even if you don't get most of it, there are some gems that do not require an intimate knowledge of IM speak. In general, the misspellings are a play on the untidiness (and, let's face it, dumbassery) of the fast-paced IM conversation. Words like "the" become "teh" and so on...

I know my tech savvy friends are wondering why the hell I am explaining this...some of my readers are not in the know, kitties. If you have any insights to add, please do!

As a side note, snarkygirl informs me that some smartymarty paper (NY Times?) took a shot at icanhascheezburger as "low brow" humor. I have to disagree, but to each his own, right? I love it and that, as we all know, is all that matters on this good, green earth. Word.

2 Comments:

Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

don't get the appeal to icanhascheezburger. it's too cute and not funny enough for my liking. cololnials though, is hilarious.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Shiny said...

"Grrr. Sexay." is definitely my favorite. I mean, come on.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home