Monday, April 02, 2007

Smoking Update

Still not smoking after One Full Month! Woo Hoo! And no cheating, either. The negatives and positives...

Positives:

1. Smoker's Cough is pretty much gone. No more persistent hack-hack-hack...just the normal hairball from time to time, like everybody else.
2. Apartment smells nice. Clothes smell nice. I smell nice.
3. Spending money on Nicorette is far less shameful than spending money on cigarettes.
4. Tommy's cigarette smoke smells more and more like burnt ass every day. Not even remotely appealing.
5. I dream a lot more. Odd, that one. Lot's of vivid dreams full of fun...and some really boring ones, too, which means I need to get out and do more or I am just generally very boring.

Negatives:

1. As the body feels better, the mind forgets the discomfort caused by smoking so right now I am in the Severe Mental Craving stage. It's not Tommy's smoking that gets to me...it is the memory of the sweet, sweet Marlboro. Thank God for spicy gum.
2. My jaw hurts. Chew, chew, chew, that's all I do.
3. I could clean my plate and yours, too.
4. No calming balm for the RAGE. First real test was on my one month anniversary, last Thursday, about 6:30 p.m., Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Let me just simplify: New York generally has HORRIBLE customer service (drug store, grocery store, clothing store, stupid bitch store, what have you), I chose last Thursday to speak up about it and, as I could have predicted, the snotty little brat "serving" me snapped back. Manager involvement further escalated the situation (hello, chicken shit, scheduling a bunch of gum-smacking, know-it-all teenagers is NOT your entire job) and needless to say I walked home steaming mad and thirsty for blood. Sadly, I also desperately wanted to smoke--CHAIN SMOKE--until the bad-bad feelings of murder subsided.

Positive:

I didn't smoke. I win, bitches!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

you so deserve a cookie. i miss j'adore. their double-baked almond croissants are awesome. also, there's no ben and jerry's here. i don't know why i'm talking about this... i guess i'm hungry.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home