Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kiss the Cook

I'm not known for my cooking skills. I used to cook a lot more when I was a housewife, but it's funny how quickly that impulse dies when you have a full time job. I can't imagine how women with families do it...not to say that women always cook...but when they DO, ugh. Serious oog.

But I'm totally in love with my new recipe. Let me tell you:

2 Flour tortillas
1/2 cup of basmati rice (buttered, to taste)
1/2 cup of black or pinto beans
1/4 cup chopped lettuce
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey jack, whatevs you like)
salsa to taste
hot sauce to taste
paprika to taste
cumin to taste
cayenne
salt to taste

Heat and split between the two tortillas. Roll and serve. Cut the butter and cheese and it's also a super low fat food option...and probably still damn good.

I know, super-freshman-dorm rookie cooking, but it does it for me good. What can I say. Except mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3 Comments:

Blogger ymathew said...

That sounds fantastic! We're playing like it's brooklyn with trader joe's fish and wine and doing yoga.

Post more recipes, I'm making this one.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Toby said...

A friend of mine who moved to the UK and shifted from freelance writing to food coach has a bunch of great easy recipes posted on her webpage greenappetite.com. Marya and I like her "lazy sushi" recipe, though we use low salt tamari and mix it with about a cup or so of brown rice. She's a vegan, so no fish in this recipe, but I've thrown in some broiled salmon, and that works, too.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kisses Cookie!!
Try it with blackened fish (I love catfish that way or Talapia). Being a lazy woman I just use canned salsa and add some beans and corn too. I also do it with ground turkey. Yum
Your Mum

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home