Tuesday, February 12, 2008

10 more weird things

Current mood: Querulous

Here's how you play: Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird or random things about yourself: facts, habits, or goals. At the end, choose 10 people to be tagged, and list their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment (like "You're It!") and a note to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you! Since you can't tag me back, let me know when you've posted your blog so I can see your answers!

I was tagged by Liesl

1. When I was little, I had very deep conversations with my hands. The left and right hands had distinctive personalities and opinions. When I put the hands together to form a sort of mouth I called it “God.” One time God told me to run away from home. I packed my bag but then dinner was ready.

2. When I was little I had to go to the hospital for head injuries. I liked standing up under things.

3. According to family lore, on a trip to the hospital (or doctor?) when I was very small a man opened the door to the car to steal my mom’s purse but grabbed my leg instead. He took off when I screamed.

4. I like Coffeemate or half-n-half in my coffee. I hate milk in my coffee.

5. I shaved Vanilla Ice stripes into my hair in college.

6. My first car was a banana yellow ’79 LTD.

7. I’ve published two poems and one short story.

8. I received one fan letter on account of that short story. From a prisoner. In prison. He sent me a poem in which he detailed how he thought of my story and stroked himself to sleep.

9. I would love to live somewhere in or near the redwoods in Northern California.

10. The first album I remember receiving as a gift was “Destroyer” by Kiss. I wanted it for “Beth,” so the first song on side 1, “Detroit Rock City,” scared the living shit out of me. I adapted and eventually cut out the pictures of the band on the album cover to use as paper dolls. I was five.

In code, yer tagged little monkeys:

Shiny
Willard Scott
Adairdevil
CRod
Anon
Tony Mascarpone
Bryan Bo Buyin
Amyfred
Debbielicious
Mandy

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a whole family of weirdos. Know what's cool? We had to be all ashamed of our weirdness, Sage celebrates hers.
-love, L

10:49 PM  
Blogger Shiny said...

I can't wait to see Anon's. Oh, and she'll probably edit mine...it usually goes something like, "That never happened. You saw that on Falcon Crest." Right, Anon?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

i'm not even sure i have ten, but i guess we'll find out.

- i have a very strong preference to eat my cereal out of my bunny bowl--a ceramic bowl with a picture of a family of bunnies at a vegetable market. my preference also includes orienting the bowl such that the image is right side up, even though i can't see it because it's covered in cereal and milk.

- i like sleeping with my stuffed animals from when i was a kid--particularly two teddy bears--despite the fact that i'm 25. my stuffed animals are unnamed with the exception of the disney characters who were previously named by corporate executives.

- i used to organize my cd collection based on how closely related to weezer a artist or band was. the more related to weezer, the closer the discs were to the front of my CD book.

- i used to refuse to sleep without my socks on.

- i hope to never own a car.

... uh... that's about all i got. those first two should really be worth like three or four each though. i don't wish this upon anyone else, and so i will not name any others.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Shiny said...

O. Mai. Goll. You just made my day, Pants.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does Weezer mean Pants? Shiny you worry too much. I'm a geezer and there are just too many things I don't remember. I do remember you cutting up your Kiss album cover but I don't recall that you used them like paper dolls. Didn't you also break the record? Also, I think you watched Falcon Crest with Grandma. I don't remember being a fan. But then I forget =)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Shiny said...

Dear Anon, you are soooooooooo cute. Weezer is a band. You've probably even heard them before, too, you just didn't know who they were...ha ha ha, welcome to my world.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what Shiney? I've been a part of your world since the very moment you were conceived. There has never been a moment of your life that I have not been there, in some form or other, like DNA. Hee hee hee... scary isn't it?

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home