Thursday, August 03, 2006

Maybe I Need a New Dream


You could spend the better part of a day looking through ceramic rooster photos on the net. Apparently, there are a LOT of people in need of a good chicken.

This one is close, but Great Rooster of 96 had a longer tail that swooped down and out with brilliant hues of purple, blue, green, red, and even yellow, if I remember correctly. Yes, I know that is not a realistic representation. Yes, I realize I am searching for some kind of Space Chicken. But I have needs, too, brotha.

This rooster is close because they've got the right idea in terms of shape and color...note the shading, the dark shadows in the coloring. It has depth. Very compelling. Goddamnit where the hell is my chicken?!

Unfortunately (or maybe, brilliantly) they've positioned this particular rooster on some kind of grand, Freedom Boulder. You can see him looking into the horizon of his Destiny while the tune of "Born Free" plays on the wind. Mighty Rooster of Courage. Seriously, what is up with the boulder?

Still searching...I think my imagination may be getting away from me. I may stumble upon that Chicken of Yesterday and never realize it. But since I won't be satisfied until it is mine, I'm gonna keep on keepin on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home