Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Strippers, Stripping, and Whoring


What is the difference?

First, let's establish that they are, in fact, Human. This is an argument a man will make. "Hey, they are people, too. Be fair." I am fair. It is also known that pimps, rapists, and Katie Couric are human. What of it?

I am related to strippers...both retired, if the grapevine is accurate. And I think I know these strippers pretty well. Enough to see the motivation behind it is based more on ego than cash money, honey. Yes, it is a lot of money...in dollar bills, praise Jaysus, but lots of them, so that's great. But I believe that most strippers get into the business--and stay however long they can take it--because they need those eyes on them. They need that attention. Maybe it is a daddy complex. Whatever the case, the problem is not the strippers...it's the gentlemen.

I've heard that "be fair" speech enough times to choke a chicken. My fair gentlemen, boys, and down and dirty dogs: Just who do you think you are fooling? It is clear that I am an irrational, judgmental, screeching shrew, yes, of course. But that doesn't win your argument. The reason you go to strip joints is for some good ol' American voyeurism, with all the yummies on display, high priced drinks, and maybe even a lapdance or two. None of these things, by the way, have much to do with what remarkable, good-intentioned, scholars and (dare I say it?) humans these fine young ladies really are...good, fine citizens, by Jaysus.

No, it is about you, drooling dog. And there's the rub (yes, the rub) because stripper intentions and patron perceptions do not add up to a Noble, Blue-Collar Anecdote about the Circle of Life and how Hard Working People Are Just Trying To Get By On Big Dreams and Bittersweet Realities. After all, if there is no shame in getting your rocks off, why don't you just say, Hey, I'm going out to get my rocks off.

Punks.

More on strippers and stripping and whoring to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shiny said...

You heard me, grrrrrlfriend.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home