Sunday, January 04, 2009

Kittens!



Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I know, right! It is true that they are not chickens (well, one of them isn't, anyway) but they sure are cuuuuuuuuute! I just got them today. It took forever for me to feel confident about adopting a new pet or pets, but I finally did it. I only filled out the application at 2 am on Saturday morning...she called last night to say there were kittens now available. So Adair helped me get them home and this is their first day with me. No names yet, but the tabby is leaning toward "Bug" because she is a snuggle bug.

The tuxedo hung out in sink for awhile. When I tried to bring him out with us, he checked out the scene and decided to take up residence under the bed. He still won't come out, so I am trying to not worry too much. Should I be worried? Should I leave him alone?

Arg.

Anyway new kittens!





Also, they smell to high heaven. Apparently that is was the institutional smell is...guh.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Adairdevil said...

I would like to note that that the stripey one and the tuxedo one are both 98% love, 2% stinkity. And oh, they are both awesome!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

KITTIES!

put fancypants back in the sink. he likes the sink.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Thebloodyex said...

Inaugural post of TheBloodyEx here. :)

Ruth is telling me we can trade our baby for your two kittens and tell folks that a dingo ate our baby. Little does she know how much you love that quote!

Seriously, they are very cute! However, the only other pets we're ever going to have must swim in a bowl. Dammit.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Bug appears to be pulling an ET. Very 80s, so it seems you chose correctly. Congrats! They look adorable.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww. Kitty babies. Your instinct to leave tuxedo alone is good. He/she is just scared and will take a little time to get used to the new home. I'm sure he or she comes out when you're not home. I like the Bug name too.
Mom

5:15 PM  
Blogger Shiny said...

Tuxedo just ate and maintained eye contact and meowed without running away! Am so excited. Now I have to go see if he barfed it up already. Ug. Do they make kitten diapers?

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home