Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Kathy Griffin is Awesome

I've recently been enjoying season 1 of "My Life on the D List" on DVD. It isn't quite as funny and quippy as season 3 (which just concluded on Bravo last night), but it is getting better as the episodes progress. I think they worried too much about getting other famous faces on screen when they should have just let her sit and talk about whatever she wanted for an hour. The woman is hilarious 24/7. My favorite quote from season 1 so far basically sounds like the yammering tree monkey in my head:

"I like doughy things, fried things, and sugar things. That's what I like. And dips. I like things with dipping sauces. And glazed. Things that are glazed. Or have frosting, in some way, or are some sort of a layered, something layered with other things inside that are sugary. Also, I like butter. I like things that rise. Cakey, cupcakey, doughnutty... breaded stuff is good. I like breaded bread."

I love her. She's like my new BFF except I am alone, in my head, with the screaming monkey. But laughing!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're coming to take me away, ha ha, hee hee, to the funny farm where life is beautiful..... What a fine madness this is. Hope you are enjoying the trip! If not, you're on the wrong freakin' train.
Guess who

9:16 AM  
Blogger Shiny said...

Auntie Em?

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw shucks

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! that quote IS hilarious... do you know what episode of season 1 that is from??? thanks!!!

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home