Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dragon Lady

True Things about Me

I watch too much TV.
My favorite snack is cereal with lots of milk.
I hate watching, seeing, or glimpsing someone eating milk products.
I hate seeing babies eat or drink.
I like infants but lose interest around the time they get mobile.
I do not understand or have interest in understanding children. I only ever make an effort with children who are close to me through friendship or relation…or if the child is exceptionally charming. Newsflash: Not all children are charming…or cute for that matter.
I feel as guilty as needed depending on my audience in regard to my feelings about children. Underneath the mask, I don’t feel much at all.
I really do like my job, but only when it is busy.
It bothers me when people ask when I am going to leave for another job. It reminds me of questions people ask when they have nothing better to say, like when you’re dating someone and people ask when you are getting married or when you are married and people ask when you are going to have some of those charming children.
I’ve stopped having panic attacks. Knock on wood.
My least favorite noises are abrupt, loud noises and teenagers sucking face.
My favorite show is The Amazing Race. My secret dream is to run it.
I used to have a bad temper.
I used to have a sassy attitude.
I used to have a much better sense of self worth.
I used to make fun of psychobabble terms like “self worth.”
My cover “Soft Place to Land” movies are Practical Magic and Muriel’s Wedding. My real “Soft Place” movies are Independence Day, Dawn of the Dead (2004) and in a good and perfect world, every season of Star Trek Next Generation.
Picard is obviously a superior captain to Kirk.
I don’t know that I’ve ever really been in love. Except maybe for Picard.
I have memorized all of Tim Curry’s lines from Legend.
I can sing if you’re not listening.
I still do not understand what “emo” means unless it is John Meyer who makes me hurl.
My favorite flower is the calla lily.
One of my most shameful secrets may or may not have to do with the song “Lady” by Kenny Rogers.
I’ve tried my hardest, but I’ve lied, too.

True Things about Him

He lies.
So nothing he says can ever really be true, can it?
Nice hair, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone lies. Lying because you might hurt someone's feelings is the least valid reason for lying-it's only benefit is to themself. You will get your sassy back Lovey because and all those other things you think are gone because they're still there inside you. I also don't know if I've ever really been IN love but I do love you very very much.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Flushy McBucketpants said...

love's overrated anyway. it's just a evolutionary quirk to get people to reproduce and protect each other. don't buy into the hype.

emo as defined by wikipedia:
"In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe a subgenre of hardcore punk which originated in the Washington, DC music scene of the mid-1980s. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and strongly emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

"As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music."

emo is also kind of a fashion thing now too. basically "emo kids" are people that emulate the fashion of those pop-rock emo bands like Panic at the Disco!, Fallout Boy, and My Chemical Romance. It's kind of a glam-punk hybrid thing, actually. Eyeliner, horn rimmed glasses, black hair dye, and leather wrist straps often seem to be used.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home