Saturday, September 08, 2007

Shake Your Money Maker

I was thinking about the videos that used to make me leap off my ass and run to the living room and this is the first song that came to mind. This song was on Mtv’s rotation back in the days when I spent pretty much every waking moment mooning in the glow of music videos. My mom knew the worst punishment in the world was to take away my Mtv. And while I waited with barely contained child’s impatience for videos by Duran Duran, Motley Crue, Culture Club, Stevie Nicks, and so on, The Clash’s “Should I Stay or Should I Go” always had me bouncing off the walls. Look at them. Could they be more fresh faced and precious? I miss The Clash and heart them forever and ever.

Interesting how relevant this song is to my present. So very interesting. Anyway, enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger ymathew said...

I miss the Clash too! Esp. Joe Strummer.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home