Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Secretly Like Nature


Despite my hateful outbursts about Nature, specifically my venomous tirades about grass and trees, I actually do like Nature. Sometimes. Flowers, the big whores, get everyone's love. And mine, too.

This precious was photographed in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. It was surrounded by many others just like it and it hurt my eyes to look at the whole rosebush. Imagine something like that growing next to an old BMW in front of a standard-issue, one-family house. While it bloomed, the sight of it made me happy everyday.

3 Comments:

Blogger ymathew said...

See I knew it. I knew you protesteth too much when I would ask you to eat lunch in the park. on the grass.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Shiny said...

All nature should be encased in glass. Sitting in Nature is not recommended. It is bad and wrong. And it smells, too.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Adairdevil said...

The problem there is less "nature" than "proximity to dog run in summer". Yowwwwch.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home